Monday, September 2, 2013

Bridal Viel Falls

                 This past week, I got to go to bridal veil falls, and it was amazing! So gorgeous. One reason why I wanted to go foreign or to a third world country was to experience the jungle and this is what I experienced. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was such a dense forest that we walked through, you could barely see the sky peering through the leaves. It made me think of what costa rica would’ve been like. My favorite trees were the ferns trees. They were so tall and beautiful and sprawled out like an umbrella in the sky. They were everywhere and just beautiful. We saw some silver ferns, which is the popular nz symbol or rugby symbol kinda like the melaleuca symbol. They are a neat plant. The top of the fern is green and underneath is very silver. It is beautiful. The falls were amazing and so beautiful.  I'm sure you  could imagine the awe I was in. I honestly did not want to leave, I could’ve built a hut and lived there because of the beauty.

                A lady in our ward gave us a referral for the lady that cleans her house. We taught her, Pauline, at the members house the first time. Pauline has been attending the Jehovah witnesses for about a year now. Pauline had a stroke about 10 years ago and has many problems with understanding, comprehending, speaking what she wants to say and also short term memory. But she is so great and we love her so much. We first taught her about the plan of salvation because so many of her family had died such as her husband, her daughter and all of her 12 siblings. She found comfort in this and was so happy to know that she could be with her family forever. The second lesson we had with her we taught her the restoration and explained the church had been restored and explained the book of Mormon. She was excited about reading it and praying. She had already received an answer that the plan of salvation was real, which was so cool! We then committed her to baptism and set a date to work towards which is September 28!! We are so excited! And when people say that you want to scream about how excited you are, it’s so true!!! We got in the car and screamed with excitement! The date is after transfers and we will most likely be transferred because we have 16 new sisters coming in and right now there are 16 companionships. So that is sad, but to me it’s not about me, it’s about them and their salvation. So if it happens when I'm not there, yes I’ll be very sad, but it will be okay. Also crazy, this lady lives on the other side of the street in our area, so she is not in our area or ward. But the zone leaders are over that area and said we could. They asked one of their relief society members to come with us to teach and it was amazing and will be excellent fellow shipping for her.
                 So Mal has been progressing rather well. We also taught her about the restoration. We found out a little more about her so the things that we have taught her should bring her comfort. Her mother suffered from a stroke a while back and her sister died not too long ago. She has been struggling with these things. Mal is also out of area and has been attending our church because her friend Kharslee brought her. She said that the message of the restoration makes so much sense and that she would actually make time to pray about it, because she hasn’t been praying. She did and said she hasn’t received and answer yet but knows in due time she will be answered. I am so excited for her to grasp all of this and just pray that she will want it.
                 We had no idea before but today we found out that Pauline is Mals mother. They live in the same house and everything. Mal never mentioned much about what she was doing and today was the first time we taught in their actual home. So we found out thru her mom and Mal wasn’t home. So if you put the pieces together while reading this, then you are better than me and my companion! We were so surprised but it was so cool!! We are only afraid Mal might be uncomfortable about it. So we’ll see how that goes. Unfortunately, she doesn’t have the greatest relationship with her mom…
                 We had our first public back

out with the car. It was kind of awkward backing my companion out of the parking lot at the grocery store. First time. Usually we do it at the VC so it’s not a big deal. Let’s just say we get weird looks sometimes.
                 
               I’ve had some hard times out here, not too hard yet, but just know I love it! I love every minute! I know that the book of Mormon is true( I finished it again, finally just Saturday!), I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world. He knows us and understands us and can help us through anything we are going through because he has felt it to. We just need to ask. I have felt his help and influence in my life, I actually feel it daily. It’s incredible. I can’t do this alone!

Something i want to gain a testimony of this week is that we can know all of these things and more if we know that the Book of Mormon is true. As we read, ponder and pray about it, it is all because the Book of Mormon is true. I challenge you to do the same!
        
       I am having the best experiences of my life, and I am loving every minute of it! I love and miss you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment