Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What a great week I had!

hello:)
Well what a great week I had.
Some good things happened this week and some interesting things. My companion and I got a call on Wednesday to leave what we were doing and drive immediately to Whakatane and pick up the sisters over there. They were getting ET (emergency transferred), so we had to drive and hour to get them, wait an hour or so for them to finish packing and then drive them back to Tauranga. It was a long day of travel and we were exhausted.
Tata is doing great. He came to church on Sunday all dressed in a suit. It's so nice to see him dressed up . We visited him last night after church and he seemed fine but then he opened up to us and he told us how he is struggling.  Honestly I think the only thing that is getting him through and keeping him strong is that he reads the book of Mormon for 30 minutes everyday and prays  hard out. He feels better when he does that but he is still struggling. He asks the question "why me" why am I different than my other family members who are good people and who finished their schooling. He just feels lost and I think satan is working hard on him. He is so cool, you all would love him. We really enjoy our time with him, he is hilarious and has become one of our best friends.
 Please pray for him.
So good news is that our investigator Maree came to church this sunday. She is great. She really just came to support us because we might be leaving soon. ( tranfers are next week) But it was great that she came. she is a spiritual lady and believes in angels and stuff. But since we have been meeting with her and being her friend and teaching her she has really grown. She is starting to believe. We taught her the restoration this week and she said that she would like to know if that is true. So that is cool. Now we just got to help her recognize her answer. Please pray for her!

So yesterday we went finding on the beach for a bit. It was actually really fun and seemed pretty natural to talk to people at the beach:) plus we never get to go to the beach because we are busy with missionary work. but this is a good way to see it and do the work:)
last night we straightened my companions hair and I wore it. look how good it looks on me:) ha so funny, I look so young!
We also had dinner at the prestons:) I love being there. they are so great! I am really gonna miss them.
Last night I was pondering about tata and all of these people that I have grown to love. I thought about how I will be home in 3 months and how I won't be able to stop in whenever I want. In fact I won't be able to at all. this made me really sad.... I love it here. I love these people, I love doing what I do. Being on the Lords errand is the best thing ever. It brings so much joy. I am certainly going to miss it.
love you all:)
sister Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment