Monday, August 11, 2014

I had a good week this week

I had a good week this week. I went on exchanges twice, which was great fun and overwhelming to do two in a week. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a Sister Training Leader and get to work with the sisters closely. I've really grown to love them:)
Eriks family has gone down a bit. We haven't been able to catch up with them at all since we asked them to talk as a family about baptism, but brother stanford has been over a few times and has formed a good friendship with Neils so that's good. We found through him that Neils doesn't believe that Joseph Smith had the experience that he did. It's quite sad really. I just want to get over there and help them... :(

Even though he has said that, i want to bear my testimony that i know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I can't deny the way i feel each time i hear that story,i feel ecstatic. An electric pulse running through my body, a peace, a comfort. something that i can't really describe. None of those descriptions truly match how i feel. but i know it's true. And because i know it, i have so much more. the way that i truly came to know it though is through the Book of Mormon. wow, what a book. That book truly can and will change lives. it does change lives. It has changed mine. I never knew how blessed i was to have such a book. A book that contains God's plan of salvation, and the fulness of the gospel if Jesus Christ. And i know, as Joseph Smith said, that a man would getting nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book. i truly believe that with all my heart. You can't just read it, you must live it and that is what brings true happiness and is what forms that closeness with God. I love my Heavenly Father and i know he lives. I have loved every minute of my mission. Recently i've learned why people say that missions are challenging. Not sure why it took me so long but i have learned to rely on Christ to get through and he really does strengthen and deliver us.
Well transfers are coming up in a week and i half.. wow. i can't believe it. I have loved Tuakau but i think today i've decided that i will be happy if i stay or go. However, i do want to say that it's become my home. i love the people, the ward members, our investigators. There is so much potential and i can't wait for it to continue to flourish.  We had interviews with president the other week and i told him to let me stay another transfer and he said " i can't keep you there forever." He also told me that he'll be putting me back in the VC unless i really don't want to. Not really sure about that one yet, i have mixed feelings about going back in. I love full time proselyting.
Something that i've learned in the scriptures recently and from modern day apostles is the firm testimony that they have in Christ and in the gospel. Wow! Like Elder Holland said in the last general conference that he knew of a surety, more sure than he knew the people were before him that the priesthood and saving orindances are found in this church. so powerful. Elder Packer said that, from the prophet Joseph Smith "his words are my words", for we saw him. Their testimonies and faith in Christ are unshakable. It's truly amazing and i hope to get to that point. But one thing  i know for sure is that Jesus is the Christ. The only begotten of the father. The son of God. our savior and redeemer. i have felt his redeeming love, i have felt forgiveness and repentance through him. That is how i know. Also the Book of Mormon has solidified my testimony in him. I love him, even though i can't see him, but i feel him.
I have really grown to love the Stanford family. i will miss them dearly, but one thing i know for sure is that they are who i will be visiting for sure when i come back. I will also stay with them!!! ha They are role models, i hope to be member missionaries like them when i go back home.
Well, i wish i could think of more to say. I woke up happy today, just dancing on my way out of bed! my companion laughed at me!
Well have a great week, can't wait to hear from you!
sister Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment