Sunday, December 28, 2014

Can You Believe It's December Already?

Kia Ora!
wow, can you believe that it is December already? wait .....for you its not!!!! hahaha until tomorrow!
Man this week has been great and full of miracles! I want to share one in particular...
On Saturday we were contacting some of our potential investigators and when we had finished we were getting ready to head to our appointment. Sister Finau said we should go through the park at the end of the road, which we had never been before. We didn't even know if it would be a shortcut but she was truly inspired...This is where we met John (smith) ha jokes. Stewart. John stewart. He is really searching. he had so many questions as we taught him about the restoration. He really seemed to understand. When we finished we invited him to church and he told us that it was no coincidence that he came to the park that day. He doesn't even live in our area and he wasn't even planning on coming to the park with his family and to top it off we never go that way. The Lord is aware of his children and if we are listening we can be there to help them. He came to church yesterday and he so enjoyed it. He loved the classes and that anyone can share rather just listen and accept what is being said. It was so cool to hear him say again that it was no coincidence that we met him. He is really searching. He said he'll see us there next week. So cool! Huge blessing!
Also Maree came to church. We are trying to work really hard with her to receive her answer about God existing, because she is not too sure if she will continue the lessons after I leave. I am pleased that she came to church though. She's coming along:) She is such a lovely lady and I know that we will stay in touch through out our lives. Please pray for her that she will be able to recognize her answer!
so Yesterday was a special sacrament meeting all focussed on the Saviour. My companion and I sung the prelude music. We were so nervous, but apparently it was the best we had ever sung it together. I feel it really brought the spirit. You could tell everyone was listening intently because even the children were quiet and taking a break on making themselves heard. haha
Lyrics to the song we sang
Jesus Climbed the hill to the garden still
his steps were heavy and slow.
Love and prayer took him there
to the place only he could go.
 {Gethsemane, Jesus loves me, so he went willingly
to Gethsemane}
He felt all that was sad, wicked or bad
all the pain we would ever know.
While his friends were asleep he fought to keep
his promise made long ago.
{Gethsemane, Jesus loves me, so he went willingly
to Gethsemane}
The hardest thing that ever was done
the greatest pain that ever was known
the biggest battle that ever was known
this was done by Jesus. the fight was won by Jesus

{Gethsemane, Jesus loves me, so he gave his gift to me in Gethsemane}

It was so beautiful! 

I love being a missionary. It has been the greatest thing that I could ever have done. I am not ready to come home but really I am! ha its confusing. I am really gonna miss teaching with power and authority, serving others always, teaching the gospel, riding bikes in a skirt, having an awesome companion, feeling the spirit so strong, studying for 2 hours a day! man the mission is the BEST! It certainly has given me the best foundation for the rest of my life!
love you
sister BIrd

No comments:

Post a Comment